Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cutting Into the New Year


Well, a few days of crafter constipation have finally eased up.  I find that I am missing very much the vast supply of random parts and pieces associated with every known catagory of arts and crafts that I left back in Missouri.  At first I subdued to creation drive by picking through my stash of junk mail to find all those glossy ad fliers that are somewhere between paper and cardstock, and folding myself quite the collection of bins and boxes.  I ended up with many more than I needed, and only later realized that I had nothing small enough to use the boxes for.  Hindsight is 20/20 after all.  Despite my stir crazy ambitions and ideas, I had depleted my supply of recyleables and even the pantry was too empty to preform a little culinary magic. With no materials to utelize I had retired to bed to pout as if I were 5.

Three days and a trip to the thrift store later, I have been saved from my downward spiral! With all my conviction, I finally picked Rug Making as my first comeback craft for my new life here, mostly because it only required the purchase of the material, a pair of scissors, and a hula hoop, rather than an expensive set of tools and specialty supplies that would cost a ton and take days to arrive.  Little did I know, Wal Mart here has no idea what a hula hoop is.  So my rug making has been hung out to dry until I can find a toy store that knows what I'm talking about.  Until then, it would seem I have plenty of time to get my Rugging Yarn ready!  

No comments:

Post a Comment